From Monday, 11 October 2021, all workplaces will be open for use again. The same applies to the group rooms.
Please note the following regulations:
- The 3G regulation applies to entering all university buildings; this means that our library may also only be entered by persons who are recovered or fully vaccinated, or who present a valid negative Corona test. Students should show their campus pass in the foyer.
- Users from the public are not entitled to a campus pass. They are only allowed to enter the library if they can show proof of vaccination, recovery or a daily negative Corona test.
- Please fill out a contact form (table at the entrance) when entering the library and take a visitor's card, which will be returned when leaving the library.
- The general distance requirement does not apply. The minimum distance of 1.5 m is to be maintained where this is possible due to the spatial conditions.
- In return, users are required to wear a medical mouth/nose protection during their entire stay in the library rooms.
- The group rooms "Atmosphere" and "Ocean" may be used by a maximum of 4 people at a time. Regular ventilation is recommended.
- The scanners and research terminals are open to be used. Please disinfect your hands before use (dispensers also at the entrance).
- The lockers can be used again.
Our current opening hours are Mon - Fri 10 am - 6 pm.
... is a joint service of the Max-Planck-Institute for Meteorology (MPI-M) and the Center for Earth System Research and Sustainability (CEN) at the University of Hamburg.
We are a lending library and our main focus lies on the subjects meteorology, climatology, oceanography, marine ecosystems, geophysics, biogeochemistry, hydrobiology, fishery sciences, geology, environmental sciences. Primarily, we offer our extensive service for students and staff of the institutes involved but guests are always welcome.
Bundesstr. 53 (Ground Floor)
Tel.: ++49 40 42838-5076
Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.