General rules for all our customers
- The library is open Monday to Friday from 10 am - 6 pm.
- Admission only for university members (students, scientists), members of the MPI for Meteorology and the scientific partner instiutions (e.g. HZG, BSH) but not for the public.
- Self service on lending is possible
- Additionally the reservation of individual workplaces is possible. Please see below
- The library may only be entered alone and not in groups.
- A maximum of 10 individual visitors may stay in the library.
- Please follow the arrows on the floor in front of and in the library.
- Please keep a minimum distance of 1.5 to 2 meters to other users.
- Please wear a mouth and nose protector when entering and moving in the library.
Special information for the reservation of workplaces
- At the moment 7 individual desks are released. The desks must be reserved in advance using the online form. Free places can be assigned spontaneously after registration at our info desk.
- Workplaces can be reserved for the current and the next week. You will receive a reservation confirmation by e-mail. If the desired date is not available, we offer an alternative date. Please cancel if you do not wish to come.
- Current time slots for desk reservations are Monday to Friday from 10.00-13.45 and 14.00-17.45.
- At the end of the reserved time, the workplaces must be completely cleared, before desinfection can be made for the next time slot.
- The wearing of a simple mouth and nose protection is obligatory when entering, leaving and moving within the library. It is also required to wear a simple mouth and nose protector on the way to the reserved workplace. The mask may be taken off at the table itself. Drinks may be taken along.
- The group rooms remain closed to the public.